Tuesday, August 4, 2009

[Chapter 6] Life Happens Out of Order and In Incomplete Sentences

I divided my paragraphs with numbers! List writing helps me breathe better.

1. I went basement hunting a few days ago after watching "Cash in the Attic." (Again, I'm addicted to HGTV). My house was constructed in the late 1800's (Alan and I saw it on a map for 1893) so I figured there might be some cool stuff down there. But actually, there wasn't anything too old to be found. I did however find boxes full of the GNARLIEST art supplies. If I would have stumbled upon such a copious amount of art love before last semester, I'd be hundreds of dollars richer. Yes sir, there was that much art stuff in my basement. It may have been from the 70's, but all the paint was still wet, the intaglio supplies still good, and the paper still writable. Life's funny like that. It gives you everything sometimes, just after you feel like you don't need it anymore.

2. A weirdo was in front of my house yesterday before I left for work. He had a backpack and a suitcase in his hand and he was staring at me from next to my car. I walked down from my porch and into my car. He didn't move. It was unnerving. I freaked out actually and called Alan immediately. I was worried he was casing my house, of course. When I got home yesterday and all my stuff was still here, though, the feeling submerged. I guess it wasn't worth it. Hah. But if for some reason, I'm dead in the next week...he was blonde and 5 foot 7.

3. I put my two weeks notice in today. Yes, I quit my job. It turns out we are moving to Burlington after all. I just need some time to figure out my life a little bit more. For the last few weeks, I've been finding myself sitting in the park in downtown KCMO when I get out of work. There is this lovely little setup in the park so you can look out at the rail yards that separate KCK from KCMO. My head is always in my hands and my eyes are always to the ground out infront of me. I don't want to end up like these abandoned railways, once useful...but now outdated...just never having found a lasting purpose. I don't want to be a wrought iron track people walk all over. I don't want to be a waitress anymore.

4. I wrote a new song. I really want to record it but my computer is still super slow, but I'm supposed to get a hard drive for it soon. (Cross your fingers). I need to sing, LOUD and AIRY. I feel a lot like my free form thinking is moving to this awful box like state of mind. I need to embrace my creativity soon. I haven't taken a picture since 3 weeks ago.

5. I love you and have to go to bed now, even though I can sleep in as long as I want too, but I'd better not. I better go hiking or biking or running...because soon I'll be old and it'd be worse if I were old and fat.

Can you tell I'm kinda sad right now? Oh, boy.

Good night, Strool pieta. xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment